Monday, August 20, 2007

LAVENDER ROOM DILLY DILLY

Hi everybody! It has been awhile since I shared any thoughts with you. Again it is late and I am enjoying a few minutes of connecting with fellow bloggers out there. I love my new place. I guess I find new joys the longer I am here in this beautiful parsonage which the church has graciously provided for us to live in. Tonight I am particularly thankful for our lovely "lavender" bedroom. Since Alan and I have been married, we have always wanted to decorate a bedroom in lavender and purple. Until now, we have lived in homes that are paneled! The first time we toured this home with the deacons of the church we both looked at each other open-mouthed (behind their backs) because this particular room is painted the EXACT shade that we have always dreamed about. It is painted lavender with white trim and we have hung lavender curtains with white lace valences. This room is in the upstairs area of the home and has gabled ceilings on each side. Then two windows overlook our backyard where three large trees spread their canopy of shade over a large area. Last night, I drifted to sleep with the gentle breeze wafting through the windows, the sounds of crickets, tree frogs, and all those comforting summer night sounds singing God's gracious lullaby into my grateful ears. Then the icing on the cake came in the form of a gentle summer rain trickling down softly through the thick foliage of leaves on the trees outside our house. As I sailed away to dream land I thought of the verse where Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy-laden and I WILL GIVE YOU REST!" That is exactly what he did for us last night after a heavy day of ministering to hurting people.
As for this pretty room, I think of the words from Scripture which say, Delight thyself also in the Lord, and He SHALL give thee the desires of thine heart!" Now, maybe I am taking things out of context a bit, but it surely applies to my heart tonight!!

No comments: