Friday, February 27, 2009

Sunshine through the clouds

Hi Everybody, After that last "mopey, dopey" post, I am writing to say, I am a survivor and I have come through the worst of the GRAY days. One of my hero's, Bro. Albert Barr, often spoke to people about the fact that depression is not a sign of spiritual failure, and I have learned that is sooo true. I just saw on Facebook yesterday that this dear man of God is almost in Heaven. Cancer has caught up with him, but I can only imagine how thrilled he is in his soul to be headed home!!! March 1st will be three years since my mother went to live with Jesus because of cancer. I am so comforted by the fact that we are explicitly promised in the Bible that there will never be anymore sorrow, sickness or pain. Isn't that such a relief to hold on to?
By the by (as the British say) totally changing the subject here: How many of my readers are already planning your flower and vegetable gardens? I would love to hear from you. I am as is my little Emily. She has very specifically informed us that HER flower garden will be at the FRONT of the house. According to her, this bed of beauty will sport red, white, blue (hmmm...patriotic), pink, purple (okay...girly), orange and YELLOW!!!(where did that come from?) flowers. At least we will be able to identify ours as the most original garden!! HA! Cheers, everybody. Keep your eyes on the prize and don't give up on following Jesus for anything!!!!

No comments: