Friday, January 30, 2009

Shades of Gray

Call me a nut - you are probably right- but I am totally depressed right now. Why? I DON'T KNOW WHY!! Let's see, could it be a culmination of 3 1/2 months of spotty sleeping habits, S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder), post-partum depression? Maybe all of the above! Have I lost my faith? NO WAY. I am so glad that in the midst of seeing the world in "shades of gray" I have a Savior who walks with me "even in the valley..."
Are you not glad that we do not always have to represent ourselves before God with a bubble and a giggle? Right now I would be on His hit list if that were the case because the best I could muster would be a gasp and a gurgle. He cares "when your head is bowed low" and He knows the pain of relentless despair.
Faith is based on fact, not feeling for me right now. But, God is there. Hang in there and we will all have joy in the by and by!!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

You're not a nut! Here's hoping and praying you have a wonderful day!

Donna "Durfee" Fogle said...

I know exactley what your going through. About 6 weeks after my 3 year old was born, I went into a very deep post partum depression. I had heard of it, but never experienced it...lol I can't remember how long it lasted, however I know it did last a good while, but the worst week of it, I spent at my preachers house on the couch while Donnie was at work. She would take care of Ann while I slept and was mostley in a comma. I know you arn't nuts. It's just somthing that happens, and yes God is there in the shadows. When we can't pray ourselves, Christ intercedes to the Father on our behalf. Keep encouraged! He will see you through...much love!! Donna