Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh My Goodness, My Word, My Stars....

Hi everybody. I cannot believe that I have missed over two months of writing on my blog!!! Life happens and you wonder where the time went. This Sunday, my little baby boy will be seven months old. Where is my brand-new infant man child? Oh my.
I just want to tell everyone that in the midst of the busyness I have been sooo comforted and blessed by the fact that God is near and has been with me.
We are a blessed people in spite of the political upheaval and financial uncertainty that plagues our nation. I could get really depressed about the horrible choices that our leaders are making right now except that I have a God who is soooo mighty that He's not sweating over this right now. All I need to do is rest and trust in His wisdom and exercise the grace He is extending for His children to live spotless in these days.
The month of March was pretty much day in, day out routine, mixed with wild preparations for Alan's sister, Heather's, wedding.
April 4th, my dear little "sissy" got married to a wonderful young man, Eric Stanbery. They are blissfully happy in their new life together and we are soooooo happy for him and her.
We had a good Easter and are excited about the Mother-Daughter banquet that is forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. I am toying with having a Hawaiian Luau that will include the Mothers-Daughters, Fathers-Sons kind of in between the two holidays. What do you think? Send me some responses. Okay, that's my jumbled oration for today. I have a lot to do and will try to keep up with this better.
Remember, as one of my favorite musical heroes, Brent Vernon, says in his song it's "...not the one who runs the swiftest, nor the one who shines for a day, but the one who ENDURETH to the end....HE shall be saved." We're gonna make it everybody. By God's grace, we are winners forever!!!!!

No comments: