Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Sunday Evening, Everybody

Have you ever felt it? It's Saturday night, 11:59 p.m. You pillow your head, but your brain is flying a thousand miles an hour. You wonder -- will my husband be alright, will everyone be as admiring of his message as I am, will everyone make it in to church tomorrow, will the new contacts we made today come?

Sunday morning: Palpitations, sweat, fluttering and flying around in general! Then you step into the quiet of the sanctuary and the presence of God meets you. Your worries fly away, your spirit calms, and no matter the problems, you know that God is in your midst! That was me today!

But, you know what my most favorite part of Sunday is? It is after I have met with God two times in a special way, after I have breathed prayers throughout the entire sermon for my husband, and I am home. I realize I have made it through another Sunday without too many tragedies or mishaps. God is good, all is well, I love my precious little flock whom I help my husband to minister to. Ah! Now that's a feeling that we all can appreciate! I have a new name for we minister's wives -- it's P.E.W. That stands for Preacher's Elastic Wife. We may be stretched to the limit in our ability, patience, yes, love, but we are always able to bounce back, fresh and revived after our time with the Lord! Hold on to your faith, my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Our General is in control and will never give us marching orders that are too hard to bear! Love to all!



No comments: