Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING PLANS


Happy Autumn Days to one and all! I have spent the last few days perusing my old traditional recipes, shopping for ingredients, checking out new ideas for traditional foods on www.allrecipes.com, and generally getting very excited about the coming holiday.
For those of you who do not know this already: I am not one to do a lot of cooking. One look at my profile picture testifies to the fact that I have indulged one happy meal too many, but when Thanksgiving time comes 'round, all my matronly, housewife and chef instincts come to the 'fore.
This year is so special, as I have such a beautiful home to enjoy decorating with fall decor like the little guy above. Now, technically, I think it is a girl, but all stuffed items are "he/guys" to me :-)
More than that, I am filled with such gratitude at all the things which God has blessed me with - things I did not deserve, yet His gracious love gave them anyway. We are such a blessed nation and people!
Things are fun, but they are not the most important part of life. When I realize what great lengths a holy God would go to so that I could have forgiveness and an eternal home with Him, my heart overflows with thankfulness, gratitude and humility. (P.S. Check out my latest book: Humility and How I Obtained It!) HA! You know what I mean...
Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the smell of roasting turkey, baking pies, cinnamon sticks simmering on the stove, and all the excitement of getting ready for our happy day. At the same time, I have decided to branch out in my culinary skills and go for some new recipes this year.
However, the results will be shared after the antacids have been faithfully ingested and the mention of food no longer stimulates a cacophony of groans across the blog world!
Join me in the excitement of planning, baking, and, yes, feasting, as we praise the Bountiful Giver of all things.

1 comment:

Springer Family said...

Makes me wish I was coming to YOUR house! :-) I have started decorating for Christmas. I kinda skipped fall this year. Jonathan's sister & mom are coming to visit over Thanksgiving & I want to have Christmas while they are here...have to have decorations to make it feel that way, especially in South Texas!!